Friday, February 3, 2012

Super Bowl XLVI

The Venerable Dick Naumann and the Very Rev. Marilyn Engstrom

Here I am with the Venerable Dick Naumann, Archdeacon of the Diocese of Wyoming, as we sport our Super Bowl Stoles.  Each year my sister, Joanie Martino, makes stoles with each competitor represented with their colors, logos, etc.  These stoles are actually being reused since the Patriots and Giants played against each  other several years ago.  We were fortunate in that regard since Joanie's time was at a premium this year.  Last week she was with family on Staten Island to celebrate the life and burial of her mother-in-law, Pat Martino.  May Pat rest in peace and rise in glory!  And may both teams compete to the best of their abilities; may all the players and officials be kept from injury and may all the fans have a great time.  Personally, I will look forward to the advertisements as much, if not more, than the game.

4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and will put it in my FAVORITES for easy access. Thanks Mare! Christy Connell

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Christy. I hope to get back into blogging. It was fun when I discipined myself to do it regularly. This last couple of years have been such a roller coaster that I didn't want even one more thing on the "to do" list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to see this! I had just been telling someone about your stoles and wondering if you still were wearing them. Too bad one side wasn't Green Bay this year! I miss you all.
    Jane Smith (in Wisconsin)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear from you, Jane! We think of you and miss you, too. Green Bay would have added great colors to a stole. My bro-in-law and nephew from Fargo saw Packers at Lambeau this year and were amazed by the fun and spirit of the place. Maybe next year we'll have green and yellow stoles! Take care

    ReplyDelete